Aaron Yonda (born January 19, 1973) is an American comedian, writer, director, producer, and actor for Game Society and editor for the 7 Days to Die series. Aside from working on his gaming channel, he is the founder of Blame Society Films. The company is famous for the web-series Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager. Aaron co-produced the series with Matt Sloan and plays Chad Vader. Aaron and Matt are currently co-producers and co-hosts for the show Beer and Board Games and Rated RPG.
Early life and education Edit
Aaron was born on a farm in Menomonie, Wisconsin. He attended the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire and graduated with an English degree.
Blame Society Films Edit
Before the turn of the century in 1993, Aaron founded Blame Society Production and produced The Splu Urtaf Show as a public access television show. With his friend, Matt Sloan, who joined the company in 2001, they would go on to create a wildly successful YouTube series by the name of Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager (Wikipedia).
In 2006, Aaron produced a short film, The Life and Death of a Pumpkin. The film was awarded "Best Short Film" and "Best Concept" by the Chicago Horror Film Festival and have been screened at festivals worldwide including The Super Shorts Film Festival in London, and the Clair-Obscur Film Festival in Basel, Switzerland. The short has also been shown in classrooms across the United States as educational material.
In 2010, Aaron piloted a show called Beer and Board Games. Faithful to its title, Aaron and his co-host Matt invite guest comedians and play various board games while drinking craft beers. The show has featured many well known guests such as author John Green, YouTuber Hank Green, and music creator Kevin Macleod.
Additionally, Blame Society Films has produced comedy films for Google, NBC’s Community, BBC America, Trident, Jarritos, and International Trucking.
Blame Society Films has a second channel on YouTube, blamesociety2, which focuses mainly on the eccentric character Hal Thompson, played by Aaron. Hal is known for "ham, goats, and miniature couches for obvious reason." He has since moved to Blame Society Film's main channel.
Game Society Edit
- Main article: Game Society
In 2011, Aaron co-founded the gaming channel Game Society (formerly known as GameSocietyFilms and GameSocietyPimps) with Emre Cihangir and Adam Koralik. Aaron and his co-host Emre provide comedic gaming commentary, often telling stories and epics with crude humor and engaging in friendly banter.
With Game Society, Aaron has gone on to create many popular series such as Skyrim For Pimps, Fallout For Pimps, and 7 Days to Die. He has co-directed and co-produced most of the content for Game Society and has been the voice of most of the protagonists including all of the main characters in Skyrim For Pimps and Fallout For Pimps. Aaron himself appears in Skyrim For Pimps, as one of the gods. Although most content on Game Society is edited by Emre, Aaron is responsible for editing the 7 Days to Die series.
All three members of Game Society play video games for footage but Aaron is usually the main member playing the Kinect games. This is especially true for Disneyland Adventures and Harry Potter Kinect. Aaron has expressed high levels of dissatisfaction towards playing any Kinect games and his complaints have become a staple of Game Society.
For detailed history of Game Society, see Game Society § History.
- He is known as Cape Date because he once wore a cape on a first date.
- He is a Mario Kart 64 Tournament Champion.
- In the 2007 Star Wars Fan Film Awards, Blame Society Films' directors Aaron Yonda and Matt Sloan were selected to receive the George Lucas Selects Award for Chad Vader: Day-Shift Manager. When awarding the prize, Lucas called Aaron "Aaron Yoda."
- When Emre makes a pun, Aaron will either berate him or pretend like he misunderstands.
- Aaron most commonly insults people by comparing them to or calling them "taints."
- When asked, "what is on television and on radio in your personal hell?" Aaron has stated that he dislikes the song "Kokomo" by The Beach Boys. No explanation was given and the comment was made while drunk. 
See also Edit
- ↑ http://www.uwec.edu/Alumni/e-View/2007/e-viewFeb07.htm
- ↑ https://aaronyonda.com/about/
- ↑ Levy, Frederick (3 June 2008). 15 Minutes of Fame: Becoming A Star In The Youtube Revolution. DK Publishing. pp.86–88. ISBN 978-1-4362-4323-0
- ↑ http://chippewa.com/dunnconnect/variety/where-are-they-now-interview-with-a-vader/article_d5ba1695-55b4-5bf1-b258-6deb3ed14260.html
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/15/business/media/15chad.html
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/02/04/our-favorite-star-wars-fan-films
- ↑ https://aaronyonda.com/about/
- ↑ http://www.fanquestcon.com/team-fanquest/blame-society-films/
- ↑ http://blamesociety.net/about-us/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/Urom2E_AjM0?t=1h11m22s
- ↑ https://youtu.be/Urom2E_AjM0?t=1h12m32s
- Aaron's Official Website
- Blame Society Films' YouTube Channel
- blamesociety2's YouTube Channel
- Beer and Board Games Official Website
- Blame Society Films Official Website
- Aaron's Twitter profile (@aaronyonda)
|Game Society Members|
|Aaron Yonda • Adam Koralik • Emre Cihangir • Jason Stephens|
|Aaron Yonda||Aaron (7 Days to Die) • Cock Nibbler • Crotch Guzzler • Fap P. Underboob • Fün Tits • Humongous Nipple • S'oggyballs • Thrusty Puss|
|Emre Cihangir||Bruce (Fallout 4 Pimps) • Conscience (various series) • Emre (7 Days to Die) • Emrebeard|
|Adam Koralik||Chaos Chicken • Mickey • Stitch|